Beef Stew Casserole

I'd like to share a personal recipe with you today. I actually came up with this one myself! Shocking, I know. ;) My husband & the boys loved it, so that's what really counts! The recipe below is how I made it; at the bottom, I shared some alternatives. Hope you try & enjoy it!



Beef Stew Casserole

1 lb. ground beef
2 large potatoes, diced
1 large carrot, diced
1/2 med. onion, sliced
3 cups water
3 tsp. beef bouillon granules
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. COLD water
1 can refrigerator biscuits (small size, 10 pack)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a pan, brown the ground beef & drain. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook potatoes, carrots & onion in 3 cups water just until tender. Do not over cook. DO NOT drain! Add beef bouillon granules to vegetables & water; dissolve. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and COLD water until smooth; add to vegetables and mix in immediately. Cook until slightly thickened. Add ground beef to vegetable mixture, stir well. Pour mixture into a greased 2-quart casserole dish. Place busicuts on top, with sides just barely touching. You may not be able to use all the busicuts - that's ok. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Serves approx. 4.

Additional notes about this recipe:
*Next time, I think I'll add some parsley or some other herb to the stew to give it a little more pop. Any other suggestions would be appreciated! :)
*The more buttery flavor the biscuits have, the better! That's what makes this casserole so good!
*You could easily substitute my beef stew recipe for your own favorite & just top it with biscuits.
*For a really quick version of the same recipe, simply use 2-3 cans of your favorite Beef Stew and top with biscuits! Just make sure not to tell hubby & the kids - they'll think you're an amazing cook! ;)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment