A Right Way & A Wrong Way?

I tried a new recipe today...

Cinnamon Toast - The RIGHT Way!
by Ree Drummond, aka The Pioneer Woman


photo taken by Ree Drummond

Oh, wow!!! Let me tell you, it was delicious! My husband & I were both wishing I had made more. (I only made 1/4 of the recipe) It's just so good in every way! Definitely a must-try!

Make sure to go read her blog post about the Right & Wrong ways to make cinnamon toast. I will admit that I was making it wrong, but which method I used to use will be left up to your imagination! ;) There is a huge difference between the right & wrong ways when it comes to cinnamon toast!

Cinnamon Toast – The RIGHT Way

Ingredients
  • 16 slices Bread (whole Wheat Is Great!)
  • 2 sticks Salted Butter, Softened
  • 1 cup Sugar (more To Taste)
  • 3 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract (more To Taste)
  • ⅛ teaspoons Ground Nutmeg (optional)

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Smush softened butter with a fork. Dump in sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg, if using. Stir to completely combine.

Spread on slices of bread, completely covering the surface all the way to the edges.

Place toast on a cookie sheet. Place cookies sheet into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil until golden brown and bubbling. Watch so it won’t burn!

Remove from oven and cut slices into halves diagonally.

1 comment:

  1. I had thought about trying that recipe but it just looked a little dangerous. However, I'm definitely going to have Tracy make the Stuffed French Toast recipe that Pioneer Woman posted. Maybe you could make that as well and give us your opinion on it!?

    ReplyDelete