Fall Decorating

Well, Fall has definitely come to the Mid-West! The leaves in the trees are beginning to change colors and the evenings are cool enough to need to turn on the heat in the house. I must admit that late Fall is not one of my favorite times of the year, I just don't like the death and dreary brown of everything. But the transition of Summer into Fall is kind of nice with the cooler evenings, but moderate days and I do like the pretty colors of the leaves before they fall. However, it's always hard for me to get into the spirit of Fall decorating and I usually completely miss it and hop right into Christmas. This morning, I found a few things that have inspired me to do a little Fall decorating around the house.

I need to start by taking down my summery wreath on the door and replace it with something like this...
 Image from MyHomeIdeas.com by Howard Lee Puckett

Or even something cute like this would be nice...

I also need to add some Fall things around the house. May something like this with pinecones...

 Of course, I need some candles to create a warm, cozy atmosphere! I thought these were cute...

 source unknown


Or I could combine the pinecones and candles for this effect...

But then, I could go nice and simple and just grab a little pumpkin from my dad's garden and pick a few leaves to put this cute little arrangement together...
 

In any case, I do need to find my Fall decor and get in the Fall spirit. I hope this has given you a little Fall inspiration as well! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: