Crescent Roll Sandwiches

I've found a new favorite sandwich - a Crescent Roll Sandwich! Last week, I made Fried Chicken Crescent Roll Sandwiches - yum!!



These tasty little sandwiches are so simple to make and the possibilities are limitless! I used fried chicken because that's what I had available, but you could use just about anything for the filling!

Begin by unrolling a tube of crescent roll dough and separating the dough into four rectangles so that you actually have two triangles together.


Pinch the perforated edges together so you have a solid rectangle. On a floured surface, roll out the dough to about half the thickness.

Next, spread on your desired sauce (I used mayo) and place your filling on one end of the dough (fried chicken and shredded cheddar). The amount you put on totally depends on your personal preference, just don't get too crazy with the spread as it could make the dough soggy if it's too much liquid.


Now, beginning at the end with the filling, gently roll up the dough, pushing the filling back inside as needed. Depending on what you're using for your filling, it can get a little messy.



Place the roll on a greased foil-lined baking sheet. Ok, maybe the foil isn't entirely necessary, but it sure is great when dealing with the clean up process!


Bake according to the directions on the crescent roll dough package, or until golden brown. Enjoy!



Other possible fillings:
ham & Swiss cheese with a mustard spread
pepperoni and mozzarella with a pizza sauce spread
any lunch meat with favorite cheese
chicken or beef with cheese, onions, and/or green peppers
cream cheese with your favorite jam or preserves
scrambled eggs, sausage/bacon, and cheese





On the menu for this week:

Mushroom Swiss Burgers
Pizza & Salad
Crescent Roll Sandwiches

See what others have on their menu at Menu Plan Monday!

2 comments:

  1. These look delicious! I found your addition to I'm an Organizing Junkie's site and your photo caught my eye. We will be trying these out next week. Thanks for sharing!
    You can view our meal plan at: www.LittlestSweetPea.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a simple yet brilliant idea! I love it! And...I just so happen to have crescent rolls in my fridge right now. I'm thinking these may have to make it on an upcoming "pantry challenge" menu plan. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete