The Christmas Tree

Well, it looks like it happened again! Life happened and my blogs have been neglected. But I'm ok with that. I have a wonderful husband, two sweet little boys, a great church, loving family & friends that make up my life and keep me busy. But if it were not for those things to keep me busy, life would be dull and boring. So, yes, I'm ok with my blogs being neglected as long as it means I'm spending time doing things that really matter in eternity.

We finally put up our Christmas tree last week. I don't know about everyone else, but Christmas has seemingly appeared out of nowhere this year! I honestly wasn't ready for December to come so soon. Last year, my "baby" was only 15 months old, so he doesn't remember anything about Christmas and snow. Over the past few days, I've loved watching his expressions and excitement over things we simply take for granted. This morning, we woke up to snow on the ground and once again, I enjoyed seeing my little guy's expressions when he got his first look at a new white world. It was priceless! Another expression I loved was when he first saw our little 3-foot fiber optic Christmas tree! (Some day, we will upgrade to a larger tree, but our house is small and for now, that is what works well for us and we love it!) Both of my boys just love to watch it twinkle!


As you're making plans for Christmas, take note of the things that happen all around us every day, but somehow go unnoticed, and remember to Capture the Little Things in your life.

Comments

  1. I can remember when my little ones' eyes would pop open with excitement when they first saw snow :o)

    Capturing those little things in the recesses of my heart enables me to recall them many years later and like you, life has gotten in the way of keeping my blogs updated as often as I had done in the past ... but as you say, as long as my time is being taken up by things that matter for eternity, that's the important thing!

    Wishing you and your family a very Merry Chrismtas and all the Lord's richest blessing in the New Year :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment