Recipe: Pork Chops a la Slow Cooker

This is a recipe that I have made countless times for my family and we still love it! I have made a few changes from the original recipe to suit my family's taste, as it is a very flexible recipe.



Pork Chops a la Slow Cooker

1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
4 thick cut pork chops
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed chicken with rice soup

Trim fat from pork chops. In a pie plate or shallow dish, mix flour, dry mustard, and seasoned salt. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Dredge chops in flour mixture, then place them in the skillet, and brown both sides.  Place in chops into a slow cooker, and pour the chicken and rice soup over them. Cover, and cook on low about 8 hours.

My variation:
Instead of Chicken with Rice Soup, I like to use Cream of Chicken Soup. I usually serve this with potatoes and use the sauce as gravy.

Let me know if you try it and how you like it! 

Comments

  1. I made this last night for supper. I had gotten the recipe from your mom a couple of months ago and your post reminded me of it. Omar and Tracy were over for supper, and during the meal Omar commented that this meal reminded him of a true "midwest" meal. I just had to laugh when I told him where I got the recipe. :) Thanks for reminding me of it. We all enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment