Not My Mom's Meatloaf

For many years, I've used my mother's fantastic meatloaf recipe. In my opinion, there is no better recipe! It's full of flavor, moist, and just plain wonderful!

There are so many meatball recipes out there with rave reviews and I thought that I should probably at least give some of them a try. I tried this recipe that I found on AllRecipes.com and actually really loved it! I think I'll definitely try it again! The recipe is for mini meatloaves, but I don't see why you couldn't make it as one dish.

image from allrecipes.com user "mominml"



1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1 teaspoon salt
1 pound ground beef
2/3 cup ketchup
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard

Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
In a bowl, combine egg, milk, cheese, oats, and salt. Add the ground beef, mixing well, and form this mixture into eight miniature meatloaves. Place these loaves in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
In a separate bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard. Stir thoroughly and spread over each meatloaf.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees (F) for 40-45 minutes.

Comments