Recipe: Classic Waffles


This past week, I decided to make waffles from scratch rather than the box. I was pleased with the result! They smelled amazing and tasted pretty good too! I don't know that there's anything "earth-shattering" about these waffles, but they sure do beat a Jiffy mix!

image courtesy of Allrecipes.com


Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups warm milk
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside. Preheat waffle iron to desired temperature.

In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter, and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; mix until blended.

Ladle the waffle batter onto the preheated waffle iron. (I like to spray my iron with olive oil.) Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Serve immediately.

Comments