Best Ever Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Those of us who use Pinterest know how easy it is to pin a great recipe or idea and then never try it. We're all guilty! I've been in a mode of trying new recipes lately, so figured I might as well make the recipes I've pinned.

Earlier this week when I needed to make to make chocolate chip cookies (yes, needed!), I headed for a recipe I remembered seeing on Pinterest. It was quoted the "best ever chewy chocolate chip cookies" with a "secret ingredient". This I had to try!

Original photo and recipe from Apple A Day


Best Ever Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened 
3/4 c. brown sugar 
1/4 c. granulated sugar 
1 egg 
2 tsp. vanilla extract 
2 c. all purpose flour 
2 tsp. cornstarch 
1 tsp. baking soda 
1/2 tsp. salt 
1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2.  In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.

3.  Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks.

4.  Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet.  Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges.  (The tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than ten minutes.)

5.  Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes.  Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely.  Try not to eat them all.


* I only changed a few things since I just used what I had on hand. Instead of unsalted butter, I used salted and decreased the salt to 1/4 teaspoon. I also substituted semi-sweet chocolate chips for the bittersweet. *

Let me tell you, these cookies came out gorgeous!!! They were bakery style perfect! Mine looked just like the ones in this picture! Perfect!!

By the way, if you didn't catch it, the "secret ingredient" was the cornstarch - who would have thought?! =)


Comments