Creamy Kielbasa and Potato Soup

I've had some kielbasa in my freezer for several months and finally decided it was time to pull it out and make something with it. I was surprised to find very few recipes using kielbasa. Honestly, it's a rare ingredient for me and I bought it because it was on sale! :) I managed to find this recipe with good reviews and decided to try it. I was glad I did! We loved it!!


photo and recipe from AllRecipes.com

Creamy Kielbasa and Potato Soup

4 potatoes, cubed
1 onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 (14 oz) can beef broth
1 (14.5 oz) can chicken brother
1 cup water
3/4 pound kielbasa sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup
ground black pepper to taste

In a large pot over medium heat, combine potatoes, onion, celery,  beef broth, chicken broth, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer  until potatoes are tender, 15 minutes. Stir in sausage and condensed soup and continue to simmer until heated through and slightly thickened. Season with pepper. Serve hot.

*NOTE: I didn't have canned beef or chicken broths on hand, so I just used the equivalent in wanter and bouillon granules.*

ENJOY!! 

Comments